Water damage can cause serious problems in a home. Water damage can affect anyone, due to a variety of reasons. The most common causes of water damage are:
– Water leaks. Of course the most common reason for restoration of water damage is an unbent pipe. Water damage from an occurrence of storm and a roof leak are other causes. Damage caused by a burst pipe will usually be the most costly because it requires going to the attic. This usually involves tearing down the roof or ceiling.
– Drying. This is a less common reason for restoration costs for water damage, but it’s worth mentioning. A standing foot bath with water (or shower) is when you take a shower that does not have water coming out of the shower head. If the walls and floor get wet, they could dry out quickly due to the fact that they are so damp. Mold can grow if the water evaporates too quickly.
Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The average cost of water damage restoration varies in relation to the degree of damage. For minor damages, such as the breaking of a pipe it is usually less than one-fourth of the estimated cost of hiring a restoration company. Damage that is so severe as to shut down a structure for days and be covered by insurance usually costs more than half of the average cost of water damage repairs.
– Carpeting Drying Out. It is likely that your carpets need to be replaced when there is a significant water damage. This will increase the cost of the repair as you’ll have to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is very rare for a leaking pipe to be caused by restoration of water damage services. The majority of cases of water damage result from inadequate maintenance. A clogged sink, toilet, or drainage system can cause water damage round all hours of the day, even in a brief emergency. In this scenario, the typical cost of repair is around two-thirds of the amount it will cost to replace the carpeting.
– Drying Drying Wet Carpeting. If your home is completely saturated with water, your carpeting will likely need to be dried out in the shortest time possible it could cost more than one-fourth of the water damage restoration cost per square foot. The drying process could be faster if you have to clean up a flood-damaged basement. Lower levels are generally dry. Even even if your basement is dry, water damage might still be present under the carpeting due to the expansion and contraction caused by water drying. To determine how much drying will cost per square foot, you need to calculate the total area of the room divided by the number of square feet, then multiply the result by the average water damage restoration cost per square foot. Read more about Cladosporium here.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes, water damage restoration companies are called in during extremely wet days. The spill must be cleaned up as soon as it happens. The area affected by the spill has to be cleaned and sanitized which means you’ll need employ a plumber get rid of the mess and make sure that the area is completely dry. For larger spills, particularly when they’re under wallpaper or carpet it is possible to have the carpet pulled out and replaced altogether. After the area is dry, the water damage restoration company will need to dry it out. This will cost more than hiring experts in water damage restoration.